Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Great Time at the Fair!

I hate going to the fair! But, when you take your dog, a bunch of friends and family, and you herd sheep...the fair is a blast! I definitely entered Grace over her head but boy did she impress me. I can't tell you how pleased I am with the way she worked. The course was actually the ASCA "C" Course. So you have a "take pen", which Grace did nicely but when the sheep exited the pen they went into a corder by the left side of the pen and we had Hell getting them out of there. I was so proud of my pup because she didn't tear any sheep apart and yet stayed strong going into the corner trying to fish them out. The one ewe was not nice! Once we got them out we had a straight drive, down the center of the arena away from the handler's post. This was the longest drive she had ever done away from me, about 65 or 70 yards. There was a set of panels on the right that we had to go through clockwise and then you had figure-eight turn to the second set of panels and then heading back toward me there was a "Y shoot" and then a repen. She had a really straight drive, a good turn and made all three sheep through the first panel but we missed on two attempts at our second panel. Her drive to the Y shoot was straight and her pace was awesome, as was her repen. I'm so proud of her.

I really want to thank all my friends and family who showed up. Dad, Greg & Nancy, Grandma and Anne Baker, Robbi and of course Alex. I thought for sure we were entered so far over our head that it was going to be an embarrassment. Thank goodness this dog gives me 110% every time (well, almost every time)!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would have loved to been there!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home